Think Over It !!

Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.
Dennis P. Kimbro

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The Solution !

The title does not refer to any particular situation, according to me this is for most of our problems. In spite of the fact that many of the people I know do not feel as strongly as I do, in favour of this, yet I am convinced this is how it can, it has to and it will work out finally.  Given the basic fact that all living beings are made of same building blocks(quarks and leptons at the moment, to be precise) and the amazing diversity in the living world is just on account of evolution of life depending upon the various conditions, there have to be common solutions. Most of the problems, if not all, are created by one species-humans.  First and foremost we have to realise that being the so called(by us) 'most intelligent' species by no means give us the right to  live life as if the entire planet is in existence for us only.  We have created problems not only for ourselves but for other forms of life. We ought to seek the solutions for the issues together. We deal with various issues on a much smaller level in our personal lives. Here I am concerned about the solutions that come from all of us and have implications on a much larger scale.

The incident which again brought this to my mind is the recent attempt to kill Malala Yousafzai, a fourteen year old girl from Pakistan. If some people think that what she was doing(she just did not want to give up her studies !!!)  was a serious threat to their existence or cause, it just means something went seriously wrong somewhere which led to such a skewed judgement and the action that followed.
I have nothing to do as such with either the victim or the people who attacked, I am a third neutral party or am I? Going by usual reaction to such an incident it would be enough for me to sympathise with the girl and criticise the attackers and forget it. I do not think so. If I believe that a problem is not mine as long as it does not hit me directly or indirectly then this is one of the very short sighted attitude to have. It is just a matter of time till I would be caught in the web(of whose strings have come from many such unrelated incidents).

To come back to the point I feel we all should be accountable for what is wrong. Empathy, compassion, understanding, respect for other's life are a few qualities we need in all of us. Poverty, wars, terrorism etc. are few examples of self inflicted wounds by us and the solution has to come from each of us, it might be in a very remote way, something which has no direct bearing on the issue but unless this happens, consider yourself sitting on a ticking bomb and just wait for your turn !!

No comments: